The 1st & 2nd; My leg hurts.

April 3, 2015 — 2 Comments

The 1st of April.

It happened! I took two Zopiclone but didn’t sleep well at all because I was enraged at the nursing staff for not sorting my admission very quickly and not turning the lights off until gone half eleven and the doctor for not turning up to clerk me in. When she did come, she woke me up my listened to my chest, poked my stomach a lot, then buggered off. So by morning, I was not best pleased. I found that under the bright lights, I could see just how much the GvHD has fucked up the skin on my fingers.

Mommy arrived at about half eleven, and we watched This Morning on the iPad as I’d been able to get on the TCT wifi again. I was first on the list, so got taken down to interventional radiology for 1 pm, where I had a chat with Andrew and signed the consent form. In the room, they sloshed me with the cold, orange stuff and the nurse have me some midazolam, and from then on I was kind of sleepy so the rest wasn’t too bad! I remember Andrew saying things, and a lot of shoving (it’s never a particularly delicate process), then shuffling back onto my bed and being taken to recovery.

Back on the ward, I ate some of Mommy’s crisps and drank some Tropicana, then after two hours of lying flat, I was allowed to go home! I have to be careful moving around and dressing, and it’s going to be tender for a good few days, but I’ll get used to it. I’ll be having to wear skirts for all my ECP sessions now.

The 2nd of April.    

For some reason I had a really terrible night, waking up three times, and the third time, I just gave up trying to go back to sleep. I watched an episode of Dexter and felt the strange protrusion coming from my thigh.

I had the phone interview with That’s Life at ten, which I’d completely forgotten about until Mommy reminded me, so it was a good thing I got up early and we ready. We talked for an hour and a half and she was very nice. I have an idea of how it’s going to turn out, and I think it will be good. I’ll have it read through to me before it’s published.

When I’d hung up, we went into Sutton to get boring bits like nail varnish remover and Easter cards. We also got some raw cacao powder to use in the vegan brownies we’re making for Romesh (Ranganathan) who will be coming round on Saturday. After returning home and having lunch, I swapped all my winter nail varnishes for more summery ones, and I’ve finished the body of Alice’s aardvark.

Now Christine is home! I gave her the aubergine vegetapal I made, so she can take him back and he can live on her desk.

My leg hurts.

2 responses to The 1st & 2nd; My leg hurts.


    Glad you got through it all okay. Take care, Sharon x

    judith emanuel April 3, 2015 at 8:47 pm

    your brave girl……. and the strongest… take care

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s